Subject: Re: multiplatform LW, where are we going?
From: Darren Metcalfe <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 1996 18:02:33 -0700

[email-masked] wrote:

>My own feelings, and those of some others too, have been that we should split
>LightWave into two programs: a LightWave "Lite" type version for hobbiests,
>students, dabblers in 3D, and those who just want to check it out before they
>shell out the big bucks; and a LightWave "Professional" version aimed at
>people who do animation for a living and who would gladly pay twice our new,
>higher price for a really kick-ass program that gave them everything they
>needed to get work done.
>
>David Hibsher
>Definitely just speaking for myself this time.

Apologies if this has already gotten old, but I just moved (yikes! I'm suddenly a 
yuppie home-owner) and haven't been connected for a few days. Speaking for myself (I 
use LW Intel and Amiga) this is a VERY BAD idea. Have you considered investigating 
how this strategy has worked for Truespace? I have no idea, but I'm guessing that 
all it has done is raise a few grand and at the same time lowered people's opinions 
of TS as a capable 3D package.

"Always remember, never forget, to sell out young is your best bet."
                                                         - The NILS

They were of course on the ironic/sarcastic tip here.

--
Darren Metcalfe
[email-masked]